Tuesday, June 24, 2014

New Trailers for Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles!

   Every time a new trailer for this movie comes out a little part of me gets excited, but a bigger part of me gets discouraged. TMNT is something I've loved for, pretty much, my whole life. This current project seems to be taking everything I've learned about the turtles and throwing it out the window. I am always one for originality, but I also believe in "if it isn't broken, don't fix it". I'm all for the creative team to add some sort of spin of their own to the mix, but is Shredder and The Foot some kind of big American evil corporation?

   Take a look


   Now I could go on about how much the new looks of a couple of the turtles makes me really upset, but it's not a end all for me. The problem with this trailer is Shredder. I understand they want him to be some sort of bad-ass, but they make him seem like he can only be strong because of the armor he wears. Is he not the same character from any other universe of TMNT? Did you see those blades magically fly back to his armor? Since when is Tony Stark making armor for TMNT bad guys? 

   The plus side is that there is a hint that Fichtner's character may not be the Shredder after all? Check it out around 1:13 - 1:15ish of the trailer and see him talk to a shadowed figure that could potentially be Oroku Saki. Some of us over at /r/TMNT think it would add a lot to the movie and quiet the number of people saying there isn't any Japanese influence with Shredder and The Foot. 

   This has nothing to do with the movie in general, but I think the trailer would have hit me in a better spot without the dubstep. I'm not really a fan of the genre and, to me, it didn't portray the scenes that were happening whilst said music was playing. Also the sound in the trailer seemed a little off, but that may be my headphones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment